This super-cheesy, keto Ninja FOODi lasagna casserole has a secret ingredient that helps you get dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
Lasagna in 30 minutes? Yes, it’s possible! And round it out with a side salad to make a complete dinner that satisfies the whole family.
Kitchen Gear Needed to Make this Ninja FOODi Lasagna Casserole
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
Tools you’ll need
Recipe Substitutions for Making Ninja FOODi Lasagna Casserole
Here are suggestions for substituting some of the ingredients in this recipe. Feel free to make your lasagna casserole in the Ninja FOODi using your favorite ingredients.
Ground beef I used one pound of grass-fed, lean ground beef in this recipe, but you could use Italian sausage for part or even all of the hamburger. You can also substitute ground chicken, turkey, or any other meat for the beef. You may need to adjust the seasonings however.
Marinara I have a favorite organic, traditional marinara sauce that I use for most of my Italian recipes. I like it because it’s a nice basic red sauce, and I often add more seasonings to make it more to my liking. But if you have a favorite pasta sauce you regularly use, feel free to use it in this recipe. Just about any tomato-based sauce will work.
Ricotta This recipe calls for whole milk ricotta cheese, but some grocery stores only carry part-skim ricotta. Either one works fine in the recipe. Even cottage cheese would be tasty, too.
Cauliflower pizza crusts This is my secret ingredient! I use cauliflower pizza crusts for two reasons. First, I don’t have to fuss with lasagna noodles. No cooking or trying to make them fit the pan.
Low carb crusts are smaller than traditional pizza crusts and usually fit perfectly in the Ninja FOODi. You just lay a crust down and add the next layers. Simple and fast!
Second, cauliflower crusts are low carb, so they give me a “pasta” layer without all the carbs that come with pasta. And bonus, they add more vegetables to the recipe! There are other low carb/keto crusts though, so try different ones to find your favorite. Below are some suggestions.
If you prefer not to use cauliflower crusts, try making this keto lasagna with low carb tortillas instead!
Low Carb Pizza Crusts
Find This Recipe in These Collections
FAQs about Ninja FOODi Lasagna Casserole
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 25 oz jar marinara
- 16 oz whole milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cauliflower pizza crusts
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Select the SAUTE function on the Ninja FOODi and set to temperature setting 3. Add the ground beef, chopped onion, and garlic to the pot. Cook until no longer pink, crumbling and stirring frequently as it cooks.
- While ground beef cooks, mix together the ricotta, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When the ground beef is done, stir in the marinara and heat through for about 2 minutes. Select STOP to turn off the SAUTE function. Scoop out about 3/4 of the sauce into a bowl and set aside, leaving 1/4 of the sauce in the bottom of the pot.
- Assemble the lasagna: lay one of the cauliflower pizza crusts on the remaining sauce in the pot. Top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture and 1/3 of the reserved sauce. Repeat with the other two cauliflower crusts and remaining cheese mixture and sauce.
- Close the lid and select the BAKE function. Set temperature to 300 degrees and bake for 10 minutes to heat through.
- After 10 minutes, open the lid and top the casserole with the shredded mozzarella cheese and another 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn off the Ninja FOODi and open the lid. Allow the casserole to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 547Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 203mgSodium 1397mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 4gSugar 9gProtein 41g
Nutrition information is an approximation and may vary based on the specific ingredients and amounts used when preparing the recipe.
More Ninja Foodi Casserole Recipes
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite board for later!