Creamy, cheesy, and fast, this low carb tuna feta pasta bake needs less than 10 minutes hands-on time and is done in under 20 minutes in the Ninja Speedi!
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
Tools you’ll need to make Tuna Feta Pasta Bake
Ingredient Substitutions for Tuna Feta Pasta Bake
Penne or spiral pasta My favorite pasta is penne so that’s what I used in my recipe, but you can use your favorite. I also kept the amount to just six ounces to keep the carb count low. But if you aren’t counting carbs, then feel free to use a full 12 oz box. Just add another cup of water to the cooking pot.
Cherry tomatoes I loooove San Marzano cherry tomatoes from Trader Joe’s, and that’s what I used in my recipe. (That’s why they look long and weird!) But any cherry tomato can be used in the recipe. Try the multi-colored ones that are super-sweet. They’re so delicious!
Feta cheese A block of feta is preferred, but if you can’t find one, you could use crumbled feta. It’s usually a bit drier than a block and it may start to brown much faster during the air frying mode. Be sure to check the amount in the container if you use crumbled. They are often a couple ounces less than a block.
Kalamata olives I prefer the taste of kalamata olives in this recipe over black olives, but black olives would work great, too. And if you’re feeling brave, try green olives!
See the recipe card below for the full list of ingredients.
How to Make Tuna Feta Pasta Bake in the Ninja Speedi
Hands down, this was one of the easiest, fastest, and tastiest recipes I’ve made. Triple win! Here’s how to make it:
Dump the pasta, tuna, and water into the Ninja Speedi cooking pot and stir to break up the tuna.
Put the crisping tray in the upper position in the cooking pot. Add the feta, tomatoes, olives, and onions to the tray. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with some of the seasonings. Cook according to the settings in the recipe card.
Handy tip: Perfectly Roasted Feta & Veggies!
If you are using really small tomatoes or your onions are chopped really small, you can check on the “doneness” of the veggies and feta before the Speedi shuts off. Just lift the lid when there are still a couple minutes left on the timer. If you like the doneness, then go ahead and remove them. I like my feta really roasted so I make sure that the veggies are chopped fairly big, and I only use large cherry tomatoes so they don’t get too shriveled. That way they are done at the same time the feta is.
When the unit shuts off, lift the lid. Using silicone-tipped tongs to carefully lift the crisping tray out. Dump the veggies and feta into the cooking pot.
I try to move the veggies and pasta to the sides then stir the feta into any remaining water left in the pot.
I then add more seasonings and any extras, like the capers you see in the image above. Stir everything together, but be gentle so the tomatoes don’t burst. Then serve!
FAQs about Tuna Feta Pasta in the Ninja Speedi
- 6 oz penne or spiral pasta
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans albacore tuna
- 8 oz feta cheese, block
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Add the pasta, water, and tuna to the cooking pot of the Ninja Speedi. Stir to break up the tuna.
- Place the crisping tray in the upper position. Put the block of feta cheese in the middle of the tray, then add the cherry tomatoes, chopped red onion, and kalamata olives around the feta cheese. Drizzle the olive oil over the feta and veggies and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
- Close the lid and set the SmartSwitch to RAPID COOKER. Select SPEEDI MEALS, and set the temperature to 360° and the time to 10 minutes. Press START.
- The unit will steam for about 6 minutes before switching over to air fryer mode, then cook for 10 minutes.
- When the unit shuts off, carefully open the lid. Using silicone tongs, slowly lift the crisping tray up by one of the sides, tilting it so the cheese and veggies fall into the cooking pot below.
- Using a silicone spatula, gently mix the cheese into any remaining liquid in the pot to make a sauce. Then mix into the pasta, tuna, and veggies. Serve immediately.