This Salmon Boursin Pasta recipe combines penne, salmon steaks and garlic and herb Boursin cheese in the Ninja Speedi air fryer into a rich, creamy pasta dish with spinach, butter, and parsley.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
Tools You’ll Need to Make Salmon Boursin Pasta in an Air Fryer
Ingredients for Salmon Boursin Pasta
Below is the list of ingredients I used for this recipe, but check out the substitutions for more options.
Heavy cream I like heavy cream because it makes the dish oh so creamy. But you could also use half-n-half, or even milk.
Penne I find that penne is the perfect pasta for the Ninja Speedi. It cooks up perfectly every time for me. But other pastas of similar shape and size would work also.
Boursin cheese I use the garlic and herb flavor, but Boursin makes other flavors, too. I haven’t tried them, so I can’t say how they would taste in this recipe, but give them a try. You may need to adjust or substitute the seasonings.
Salmon Salmon is my fish of choice, so that’s why I used it here. It complements the Boursin cheese nicely. Other fish would work too, and I think shrimp would be delicious in this recipe.
How to Make Salmon Boursin Pasta in the Ninja Speedi
Here are the general steps I followed to make this salmon and Boursin pasta dish. See the recipe card below for full instructions.
Step 1 Add the water, heavy cream, lemon juice, herbs, and penne to the cooking pot and stir. Set the Boursin cheese round in the middle. Cook at 390° for 10 minutes.
Step 2 When the unit switches to air fry, add the spinach to the pasta. Place the salmon steaks on the rack in the upper position. Top with butter and fresh parsley. Continue cooking until done.
Step 3 When the unit shuts off, remove the tray of salmon and stir the melted Boursin cheese into the pasta. Add more spinach if you like.
Step 4 Serve the pasta alongside the salmon steaks, or flake the salmon and mix into the pasta before serving.
FAQs About Making Salmon Boursin Pasta in the Ninja Speedi
Recipe Card for Salmon Boursin Pasta in the Ninja Speedi
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz penne
- 1 Boursin cheese round
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz salmon steaks
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Add the water, heavy cream, lemon juice, parsley, marjoram, garlic powder, and penne to the Ninja Speedi cooking pot. Stir to evenly distribute the herbs.
- Place the Boursin cheese round in the middle of the penne. Make sure the water is covering the penne.
- Close the lid and set the SmartSwith to Rapid Cook. Slect SPEEDI MEALS and set the temperature to 390° and the time to 10 minutes. Press START.
- The unit will steam for about 7 minutes, then switch over to the air fryer function. When it switches to air fryer, open the lid, add the spinach, and give the pasta a stir.
- Place the crisping tray in the elevated position. Lay the salmon steaks on the crisping tray and top each with 1/2 Tbsp of butter. Close the lid to resume cooking.
- Keep an eye on the salmon. If they are less than 1" thick, they may not need the full 10 minutes to cook. Remove them when they are done.
- When the unit shuts off, remove the salmon from the tray using the silicone tongs. Remove the tray from the cooking pot. Stir the pasta to create a sauce with the cheese and remaining broth.
- Serve each salmon steak with 1/4 of the creamy pasta.
Nutrition Information for this Salmon Boursin Pasta Recipe
Below is the approximate nutrition information for this Boursin salmon pasta recipe based on the ingredients listed above. If you made any adjustments to the recipe, your nutrition values may be different.