Ninja Speedi Lasagna is five layers of pasta, spicy sauce, and gooey cheese. Add a slice of Texas toast for a hearty, filling meal that cooks all in one pot!
Oven ready pasta sheets mean this vegetarian lasagna cooks in less time and there’s less cleanup. Get all the info below!
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
Kitchen Gear Needed to Make Ninja Speedi Lasagna & Texas Toast
Minimal kitchen equipment is needed to make this recipe, and since it’s basic gear, you should have everything handy.
Tools you’ll need
Ingredients & Substitutions for Making Ninja Speedi Lasagna
Lasagna always takes a bit of time to put together, but this no bake lasagna noodles recipe saves some time because you don’t have to cook the noodles beforehand and the Ninja Speedi bakes it fast..
Gather all the equipment and ingredients beforehand so it assembles as quickly as possible. Here’s the full list of ingredients, but don’t forget to check out the substitutions below!
Here are a few suggestions for ingredient substitutions, but check out the tips section below for more ideas to make it dairy-free, low carb, or to add meat.
Ricotta cheese I use whole milk ricotta, but part-skim works and is usually easier to find in the grocery. On the rare occasion I couldn’t find ricotta, I’ve substituted cottage cheese and it was delicious. Or use a mix of half ricotta and half cottage cheese.
Pasta sauce Because I made this lasagna a vegetarian meal, there isn’t a lot of bulk between the layers. Therefore, I chose to use a chunky pasta sauce to give it more substance. There are lots of varieties of pasta sauce, so choose your favorite.
Shredded cheese I like an Italian blend of cheeses, but if I can’t find that in the grocery store, I substitute with some mozzarella, Parmesan, and slices of provolone (shredded if I can find it). But several cheeses will work. I’ve even used what I had left over in the fridge, like cheddar and gouda mixed with some mozzarella.
Tips for Making Lasagna in the Ninja Speedi
Perfectly cooked pasta You may need to adjust the cooking time on this recipe, depending on the pasta you use. Follow the directions on the box for a general guideline. Also a runnier pasta sauce may help soften the noodles quicker.
Timing the toast Depending on the thickness of the toast you use, you may need to adjust your cooking time. Also, since Texas toast has cheese on one side, you can’t flip it over. Although the bread is heated all the way through, it stays soft on the under side. If you like your bread toasted on both sides, use a plain garlic bread and flip after two or three minutes.
Add meat You could make a meat sauce for this recipe by browning a pound of hamburger or Italian sausage in the Ninja Speedi on the SEAR/ SAUTE setting, and then mixing it into the pasta sauce. Then use the sauce as directed in the recipe. You may need to use a little more sauce to ensure the noodles soak in enough liquid.
Make it dairy-free I think the flavor would suffer, but you could substitute dairy-free versions of all the cheeses. It is difficult to find a dairy-free ricotta, but you could try substituting half dairy-free cream cheese or cottage cheese and half dairy-free Parmesan cheese for the ricotta. When I have a cheese-heavy recipe like this one, I often substitute a few of the cheeses with dairy-free versions, but not all, in order to keep most of the flavor.
Make it low carb The toast and pasta are the real carb killers in this recipe. There are keto lasagna noodles available at some grocery stores, but I don’t think they would work well in this recipe, because they tend to get mushy very quickly. You could, however, save about 15-20 grams of carbs by eliminating the Texas toast or substituting a low carb bread in its place.
- 15 oz ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper
- 25 oz chunky pasta sauce
- 5.5 oz oven-ready lasagna pasta sheets
- 2 cups Four-Cheese Blend shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 slices Texas toast
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the ricotta, egg, 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper to taste. Divide the cheese mixture into eight equal portions.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of pasta sauce in the bottom of the Ninja Speedi cooking pot.
- Spread two pasta sheets with one portion each of the cheese mixture and lay side-by-side in the cooking pot. Spread 1/2 cup sauce over the pasta and cheese layer. Repeat this three more times.
- Layer the last two pasta sheets on top and spread the remaining sauce over top, making sure all pasta is covered.
- Close the lid. Make sure the SmartSwitch is on AIR FRY and select BAKE / ROAST. Set the temperature to 360° and the time to 25 minutes. Press START / STOP.
- When there is 5 minutes left on the timer, open the lid. Spread the shredded cheese, 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning on top of the lasagna. Place the Crisping Tray in the elevated position and lay the Texas toast on the tray. Close the lid to resume cooking.
- When the unit shuts off, open the lid. Using silicone-tipped tongs, move the Texas toast to a serving plate. Then remove the Crisping Tray with the tongs. If you like your cheese browned, you can cook it another minute or two. You can also add a few more slices of Texas toast to the tray and cook another 5 minutes.
- To serve, use a silicone spatula to cut the lasagna into six portions. Serve with the Texas toast.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 682Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 151mgSodium 1462mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 4gSugar 10gProtein 39g
Nutrition information is an approximation and may vary based on the specific ingredients and amounts used when preparing the recipe.
More Ninja Speedi Recipes!
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite board for later!