Need a quick side dish or low carb main meal that bakes up in under 30 minutes? Make this cauliflower cheese in Ninja air fryers or your favorite multi cooker. This three cheese keto cauliflower casserole is filling, delicious, and oh so cheesy!
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
Tools Needed to Make Cauliflower Cheese in Ninja Air Fryers
Ingredients for Cauliflower Cheese in Ninja Air Fryer
The great thing about this Ninja Foodi cauliflower mac and cheese is that, if you have a well-stocked pantry, you may already have all the ingredients. If not, check the options below to sub out for things you have.
Cauliflower I used pre-cut and washed cauliflower florets from the produce department to save some time. But you could also use frozen, or cut a head of cauliflower into 1 inch pieces.
Oil The recipe calls for avocado oil, but you could use olive oil or even butter or ghee.
Broth I like the taste of chicken broth in this recipe, but you could substitute vegetable broth for it. You could also use milk or half-n-half if you want even more creaminess.
Cheeses The options are limitless here! I used parmesan, cheddar, and cream cheese, but you could sub in so many other cheeses. Play around with different combos.
Dijon mustard I’m not a fan of mustard in general, but I love Dijon. I think it complements the cheeses in this recipe perfectly, but you could use another mustard or even mustard powder.
How to Make Cauliflower Cheese in Ninja Air Fryer Multi Cooker
I have a Ninja Foodi multi cooker with an air fryer function, so the directions are specific to that. But the recipe could be adapted to other multi cookers, too.
Step 1 Add the cauliflower pieces to the cooking pot of the Ninja Foodi and drizzle with oil. Stir to make sure the oil coats all the pieces. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
Step 2 While the cauliflower is cooking, add the remaining ingredients to a bowl and mix until the cream cheese is evenly distributed.
Step 3 When the air fryer shuts off, pour the sauce over the cauliflower. Stir to coat all the pieces and allow the cheese to almost completely melt. Close the lid and bake another 5-10 minutes on 300°.
Step 4 After the cauliflower cheese is browned to your preference, serve as a side or main dish with your favorite toppings (see suggestions below).
Topping Ideas for this Ninja Cauliflower Cheese
This recipe is delicious and filling on its own, but it gets even better with a few toppings. Here are some low carb suggestions to keep it keto-friendly:
- Bacon crumbles
- Green onion slices
- Crushed pork rinds
- More cheese
- Chopped nuts
Recipe Card for Cauliflower Cheese in Ninja Air Fryer
- 2 lbs cauliflower florets
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Add the cauliflower pieces to the Ninja cooking pot and drizzle with the avocado oil. Toss with a silicone spatula until oil covers all the pieces.
- Close the lid and select the BAKE/ROAST function. Set the temperature to 375° and the time to 15 minutes. Press START.
- While the cauliflower cooks, mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl for the cheese sauce.
- When the unit shuts off, lift the lid and pour the cheese sauce mixture over the cauliflower. Mix with the spatula until the cheese has mostly melted.
- Close the lid. Lower the temperature to 300° and bake for 5-10 minutes to brown the top.
- Serve as a side dish or as a vegetarian main.