Low carb, easy, and fast, this healthy Ninja Speedi chili dog recipe comes together quickly in your favorite multi-cooker. Perfect for busy weeknights, lazy weekends, summer cookouts, or anytime!
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
Tools you’ll need for this healthy chili dogs recipe
Ingredients List for Healthy Chili Dogs
Chili beans I think chili beans are a must in this recipe. I think the only bean variety I would substitute in would be pinto beans. I just think kidney beans or black beans–traditional choices for chili–take away from the flavor.
Ground beef I have made this recipe many times and have used ground beef and ground chicken. In all honesty, I prefer ground chicken. It is a very mild flavor compared to beef, so it doesn’t compete with the spices. And it breaks up into a finer ground meat texture.
Seasonings I like to use individual seasonings so that I can better control the flavor and what goes into my recipe. For this recipe that was really important since I was trying to create a copycat recipe.
But you could use a packaged chili seasoning mix if you like.
Hot dogs I love grass-fed, beef hot dogs, but it doesn’t really matter which you use. Everyone seems to have a favorite, so use yours in the recipe. If you’re watching your carbs, just be sure the ones you use don’t add any extra carbs.
Find This Recipe in These Collections
How to Make Healthy Chili Dogs in the Ninja Speedi
The Secret: Don’t fry the ground meat!
This recipe calls for combining the ingredients in the cooking pot with water and then steaming it for about 30 minutes. You are basically boiling the meat in the water. This makes the meat very moist, not tough, and it will crumble much finer than if you fried it first.
Step 1 Smash the chili beans with a fork, then put all the ingredients in the Ninja Speedi, except the hot dogs and toppings. Stir together. Steam and bake for about 35 minutes total. See the recipe below for the exact settings.
Step 2 When there are about seven minutes left on the timer, stir the sauce. Place the crisping tray in the pot in the upper position. Place the hot dogs on the tray. Close the lid to finish cooking.
Step 3 When the unit shuts off, remove the hot dogs and crisping tray. Check the temperature of the sauce to make sure it’s at least 160•.
Step 4 Serve the hot dogs and chili sauce in buns with your favorite toppings. Or slice the hot dogs and mix with the chili sauce for a keto chili dog casserole.
FAQs about this healthy chili dog recipe
Chili Dog Ingredients
- 15 oz. chili beans
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp dried, minced onions
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp smoky paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 8 hot dogs
- diced onions
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepared coleslaw
- Pour the chili beans into a bowl and smash them with the back of a fork or a potato masher.
- Do not fry the hambuger. Put all the ingredients, except the hot dogs, into the Ninja Speedi cooking pot. Break up the hamburger with a silicone spatula and mix everything together. Close the lid.
- Set the SmartSwitch to RAPID MEALS. Set the cooking mode to STEAM & BAKE, the temperature to 375° and the time to 20 minutes. Press START.
- The Speedi will steam for about 17 minutes before switching over to the baking mode. When it switches, lift the lid and give the hot dog sauce a quick stir. Close the lid to resume baking.
- When there's about 7 minutes left on the timer, lift the lid. Stir the sauce. Place the crisping tray in the elevated position. Place the hot dogs on the crisping tray and close the lid to resume baking.
- When the unit shuts off, lift the lid. Using silicone tongs, move the hot dogs to a plate then remove the crisping tray.
- Stir the chili dog sauce. Check the temperature with a food thermometer to make sure it is over 160°.
- Scoop the chili sauce into bowls and serve with sliced up hot dogs, diced onions, shredded cheese, and low carb coleslaw.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite board!