Hearty chunks of sausage, peppers, onions and potatoes in a rich tomato broth make this sausage casserole Ninja Foodi recipe perfect for those winter days ahead.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
What You Need to Make Sausage Casserole in the Ninja Foodi
You can be a little loose with the amounts of the ingredients. I’m not very precise when measuring for this recipe, in fact I don’t really measure at all. I just dump in approximate amounts and it’s still delicious!
Ingredients for this Sausage Casserole Ninja Foodi Recipe
Gather the following to make this sausage casserole in the Ninja Foodi, but be sure to check the substitutions section below for alternative ingredients. And see the FAQs section for tips on making this a low carb or vegetarian recipe.
Italian sausage I think Italian sausage gives the best flavor to this recipe, but you could also use smoked sausage, kielbasa, bratwurst, or a specialty/flavored sausage.
Potato White, red, or yellow potatoes are perfect in this recipe, but you could substitute other vegetables for them. Try rutabagas or turnips as a low carb alternative.
Broth I created the recipe with chicken broth because that’s what I had on hand at the time. But you could use beef broth or vegetable broth if you like.
How to Make Ninja Foodi Sausage Casserole
Here are the basic steps for making sausage casserole in the Ninja Foodi. See the recipe card below for the full instructions.
Step 1 Melt the butter in the Ninja Foodi cooking pot. Add the onions, garlic, and sausage and saute for about five minutes.
Step 2 Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
Step 3 Serve with crusty bread, croutons, or a sprinkle of cheese.
Tips for making this recipe
Recipe Card for Ninja Foodi Sausage Casserole
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 3" pieces
- 2 bell peppers, any color, chopped into 1" pieces
- 10 oz potatoes, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 15.9 oz can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- Select the SEAR/SAUTE function on the Ninja FOODi multicooker and set to a medium temperature. Add the butter to the cooking pot.
- Once the butter is melted, add the onions, garlic, and sausage pieces. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cooking pot and raise the temperature to the highest setting. Once the liquid starts to boil, decrease the temperature to medium-low. The liquid should gently boil. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Nutrition Panel for Sausage Casserole in the Ninja Foodi
The following nutrition panel is for the sausage casserole Ninja Food recipe as written above. Any changes to the amounts or substitution of ingredients will change the nutrition information.