Celebrate the flavors of fall with this Ninja Speedi Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe. Cook creamy oatmeal and cinnamon on the lower level, while roasting apples dusted with cinnamon sugar on the upper level. Serve this warm, comforting breakfast in about 20 minutes!
No more cooking the oatmeal in one pot while sautéing the apples in a separate pan. With the Ninja Speedi, you can cook both at the same time. Keep reading for the recipe!
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
Equipment Needed to Make Ninja Speedi Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
You need just a few basic things to pull this recipe together.
Ingredients & Substitutions for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal in the Ninja Speedi
One of the best things about this Ninja Speedi breakfast recipe is that you probably already have all the ingredients on hand, so you can whip up a batch of this Ninja Speedi apple cinnamon oatmeal pretty quickly.
Ingredients you’ll need for this recipe
This is a pretty basic recipe for oatmeal and fruit, so there is a lot of room to customize it. Check out a few suggestions below.
Oatmeal I’ve used gluten free oatmeal (not instant) in this recipe, but you could use instant if that’s what you have on hand. But if you prefer a different grain or non-grain base, then try substituting it. I’ve made some “oatmeal” recipes with millet and it’s worked beautifully. You may need to adjust the amount of liquid used and the cooking time, though.
Water I’ve kept the recipe simple by using water as the liquid, but you could substitute some or all of the water with your favorite milk. Cow, oat, almond, pea, and even coconut all work great in this recipe. Use whichever one you prefer, just know that it may effect the consistency slightly.
Monk fruit sweetener I follow a low carb diet so I prefer a low carb sweetener. My favorite is Lankanto, which uses monk fruit. But you could use cane sugar, stevia, honey, or your favorite sweetener. You may need to adjust the amount used.
Apple Any variety of apple works in this recipe. I used a large one, but you could use two smaller ones if that’s what you have on hand. To really mix things up, you could even substitute a fresh pear in place of the apple. Again, any variety of pear will work.
Tips for Making Ninja Speedi Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Perfect “Sautéed” Apples I love sautéed apples and that’s what I was trying to duplicate in this recipe. The first time I made it, I just sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on the apples. This resulted in a light dusting and almost no flavor of cinnamon sugar. The next time a mixed the cinnamon sugar in a shallow bowl and firmly pressed the slices into it. This gave a heavier coating and a taste much closer to that sautéed flavor I love.
Creamier oatmeal For a creamier flavor of oatmeal, try the suggestions above for substituting milk for some or all of the water. For a creamier consistency, be sure to use instant oatmeal instead of the longer cooking oats. You could also cook it a little longer to further soften the grains.
Heartier oatmeal I like a hearty oatmeal, not a creamy one, so I always use regular oats instead of quick-cooking ones. I also keep the cooking time at a minimum so the oats aren’t softened too much. Play with the cooking times, adding or subtracting a minute to find the perfect consistency for you.
LEVEL 1 INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3 TBSP monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
LEVEL 2 INGREDIENTS
- 1 large apple, cored and cut into 1" slices
- 1 TBSP monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix all the Level 1 Ingredients with a silicone spatula in the Ninja Speedi cooking pot until the cinnamon is evenly distributed.
- Place the Crisping Tray in the elevated position in the cooking pot.
- From the Level 2 Ingredients, mix the sweetener and cinnamon together in a shallow dish. Press each side of the apple slices into the cinnamon-sugar mix, making sure they are well coated. Place the slices on the Crisping Tray in a single layer.
- Close the lid. Make sure the SmartSwitch is set to Rapid Cooker. Press the POWER button and select SPEEDI MEALS. Set the temperature to 360 degrees and the timer to 10 minutes. Press the START/STOP button.
- The Ninja Speedi will steam for about 5 mins before switching to the crisping function. When there is 5 minutes left on the timer, lift the lid and flip the apple slices with silicone-tipped tongs. Close the lid and the unit will resume baking.
- Once the unit beeps, lift the lid and remove the Crisping Tray with the tongs. Stir the oatmeal and divide into serving bowls. Top each bowl with apple slices and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 81Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 8mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 2g
Nutrition information is an approximation and may vary based on the specific ingredients and amounts used when preparing the recipe.
More Ninja Speedi Recipes
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite board for later!