The Ninja Speedi Breakfast Skillet is a hearty meal of eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, peppers, and onions cooked up in about 30 minutes!
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
Kitchen Gear Needed for Ninja Speedi Breakfast Skillet
Tools you’ll need
Ingredients & Substitutions for Breakfast Skillet in the Ninja Speedi
Here’s what I used for this recipe, but you can change up several of the ingredients to really create a custom flavor to your breakfast skillet.
The ingredients list
Sweet potatoes I love making breakfast bowls and skillets with sweet potatoes, not only because they are delicious, but they are lower in carbs than white potatoes. But any potato would work in this recipe. Try white ones, or Yukon Gold potatoes. Other sweet potato varieties could work also.
Vegetables If you’re not a fan of peppers and onions, or maybe you just don’t have any on hand, feel free to use other vegetables in this recipe. It’s a great opportunity to use leftover produce from other recipes. I’ve made this skillet with mushrooms and zucchini, and it was delicious. Get creative! Cherry tomatoes, olives, spinach, broccoli are just a few suggestions.
Seasoned salt Confession: I don’t typically use seasoned salt in this recipe, but it complements the ingredients beautifully. I usually use a custom spice blend I created years ago that tastes delicious on eggs. So use whatever your favorite seasoning is. A few suggestions are Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, and Old Bay seasoning.
Sausage links and bacon I always think of a breakfast skillet as a hardy meal with everything thrown in, hence the double meat. But you could stick with just one, bacon or sausage. And yes, you can use sausage patties instead of links. You could even try another protein altogether like smoked sausage, bratwurst, andouille, or chorizo. There are several flavors of chicken sausage also.
Tips for Making Ninja Speedi Breakfast Skillet
Is the poaching pan necessary? You may have noticed I listed the egg poaching pan as optional in the kitchen gear list. I use one because I do not like my eggs running through and sticking to all the veggies. I like my egg sitting on top of the bowl when it’s served. If you’re less picky than me, feel free to make a well in the veggies and crack the eggs into them. But if you want to give it a try, I put a link in the equipment section above.
Make it keto The potatoes are a bit high in carbs, so this isn’t really considered a keto recipe, although it is low carb. If you are strictly keto but still want that “potato” experience, you could lower the carb count by substituting rutabagas for the potatoes and reducing the amount of peppers to no more than 1 cup. This should bring the net carbs to under 20 grams per serving. You could also substitute other “keto” vegetables for the potatoes, like zucchini or broccoli.
Make it vegetarian Most of my meals are vegetarian, and this recipe is easily customized for that way of eating. Simply leave out the meat! Or you could use any vegetarian/vegan meat substitute in place of the sausage and bacon. There are many, many products out there, so try a new one or use your favorite.
Avoid mushy potatoes If your potatoes are coming out over-cooked, it could be for a few reasons. They may be diced too small, or it could be the kind of potato. For instance, Yukon Gold potatoes are a softer potato, so they’ll cook faster. To offset this, you could cut larger pieces or you could add them to the pot later. Conversely, there are some potatoes and other vegetables that are denser, so you may need to cut them into smaller pieces so they are fully cooked when the unit shuts off.
LEVEL 1 INGREDIENTS
- 1 lb. sweet potato, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 1/2 cups bell peppers, any color, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup onions, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 TBSP seasoned salt
- 4 large eggs
LEVEL 2 INGREDIENTS
- 4 breakfast sausage links
- 4 bacon strips
- Add the potatoes, bell peppers, and onions to the cooking pot. Sprinkle with the seasoned salt or your favorite seasoning blend and toss to evenly distribute. NOTE: The eggs will be added to the cooking pot later.
- Place the Crisping Tray in the elevated position in the cooking pot. Lay the breakfast sausage links and bacon strips in a single layer on the Crisping Tray.
- Close the lid. Make sure the SmartSwitch is in the RAPID COOK position. Press the POWER button and select STEAM & CRISP. Set the temperature to 360 degrees and the time to 10 minutes. Press the START/STOP button.
- While the unit is building steam, crack an egg into each of four egg poaching cups, if using. The unit will steam for about 10 minutes.
- FOR HARD COOKED EGGS: When the unit switches over to air frying, lift the lid. Using silicone-tipped tongs, carefully remove the Crisping Tray holding the sausage and bacon and set it on a large plate. Using a silicone spatula, stir the vegetables in the cooking pot. Make four wells and crack the eggs into them or make one large well and place the poaching tray in it. (See below for soft cooked eggs.)
- Using the silicone tongs, put the Crisping Tray back into the elevated position in the unit and close the lid. The Ninja Speedi will resume air frying.
- When there is 5 minutes left on the timer, lift the lid and flip the sausages to crisp on the other side. FOR SOFT COOKED EGGS: Using silicone-tipped tongs, carefully remove the Crisping Tray holding the sausage and bacon and set it on a large plate. Using a silicone spatula, stir the vegetables in the cooking pot. Make four wells and crack the eggs into them or make one large well and place the poaching tray in it. Using the silicone tongs, put the Crisping Tray back into the elevated position in the unit and close the lid. The Ninja Speedi will resume air frying.
- Once the unit is finshed cooking and shuts off, lift the lid. Using the silicone tongs, move the bacon and sausage to a plate and remove the Crisping Tray. Remove the poaching tray from the cooking pot, if using. Divide the vegetables into four serving bowls and top each with an egg, a slice of bacon, and a sausage link. Add your favorite toppings and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 343Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 217mgSodium 1635mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 5gSugar 12gProtein 18g
Nutrition information is an approximation and may vary based on the specific ingredients and amounts used when preparing the recipe.
More Ninja Speedi Recipes
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite board for later!