Ninja Speedi pumpkin pie oatmeal is the perfect breakfast on a crisp autumn morning. Cook canned pumpkin, spices, and oatmeal on the lower level, while roasting candied pecans on the crisping tray. A delicious, warm breakfast in about 20 minutes!
The delicious aroma of this pumpkin pie oatmeal made in the Ninja Speedi will get the family to the breakfast table fast! Keep reading for the recipe which takes less than 30 minutes start to finish!
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
Kitchen Gear Needed to Make Ninja Speedi Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this recipe.
Ingredients & Substitutions for Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal in the Ninja Speedi
You don’t need a lot of ingredients for this recipe, and most of it you probably already have on hand. Here’s the full list of ingredients, as well as some substitutions.
Oatmeal I used gluten free oatmeal in this recipe, but you can use other grains, too. You could use chia and hemp seeds, millet, grits, just to name a few. Of course, you would need to adjust the amounts and cooking time accordingly.
Water I kept the recipe simple and used water for the liquid. But you could substitute some, or even all, of the amount with milk. There are all kinds of milk, and I think any of them would work fine, so choose your favorite. You may need to adjust amounts slightly, though.
Pumpkin pie spice If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice on hand, you could use cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. Mix together equal amounts or in a ratio to your liking.
Monk fruit sweetener I follow a low carb diet, so my go-to sweetener is monk fruit. But feel free to substitute your favorite and adjust the amount if you like. But if you choose another sweetener, the nutrition information for the recipe will change.
Pecans These are one of my favorite nuts, so I use them frequently in my recipes. But I think walnuts or almonds would work well in this recipe, too. Feel free to use your favorite!
Tips for Making Ninja Speedi Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Roasting the pecans If you aren’t careful, you can easily burn the pecans. To avoid this, be sure to flip them over or mix them up after the Speedi has been on the crisping function for 4 to 5 minutes. Then check them each minute after that. They start to blacken very quickly, so they’ll burn before you know it.
How do I make it creamier? If you like a creamier taste to your oatmeal, follow my suggestions above for substituting some or all of the water with your favorite milk.
Oatmeal consistency I’ve made this recipe a few times, and each time it comes out not too thick and not too runny. But if you prefer thicker or thinner oatmeal, simply adjust the amount of liquid you use. I would start by adding or decreasing the amount by a 1/4 cup until you get the consistency you like.
LEVEL 1 INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3-4 Tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
LEVEL 2 INGREDIENTS
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 3 TBSP sweetener
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Mix all the Level 1 Ingredients in the Ninja Speedi cooking pot. Using a silicone-coated whisk, combine until the pumpkin puree is incorporated and the spices are evenly distributed.
- Place the Crisping Tray in the upper position in the pot.
- Mix the Level 2 Ingredients in a small bowl, making sure the pecans are evenly coated. Spread the pecans in a single layer on the Crisping Tray.
- Close the lid. Make sure the SmartSwitch is in the Rapid Meals position, then press the POWER button. Select SPEEDI MEALS, and set the temperature to 350 degrees and the time to 10 minutes. Press START/STOP.
- The Ninja Speedi will steam for about 6 minutes then switch to the crisping function. When there is about 6 minutes left on the timer, lift the lid and stir the pecans with silicone-tipped tongs or a silicone spatula. Close the lid to resume crisping.
- At this point, check the pecans every minute to prevent burning. Once they are done, you can remove the tray with silicone-tipped tongs and continue cooking the oatmeal if necessary.
- When the unit beeps and shuts off, lift the lid. Remove the crisping tray with the tongs if you haven't already. Stir the oatmeal and scoop into serving bowls. Top with the roasted pecans and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 303Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 15mgSodium 54mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 4g
Nutrition information is an approximation and may vary based on the specific ingredients and amounts used when preparing the recipe.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite board for later!