This Ninja CREAMi strawberry cheesecake ice cream is like two treats in one. Fresh, quartered strawberries, cream cheese and low carb shortbread cookies combine with a basic ice cream base for the perfect summer dessert.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
Tools Needed to Make Ninja CREAMi Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Ingredients & Substitutions
Here’s what I used to make strawberry cheesecake ice cream in the Ninja CREAMi, along with some suggestions for substitutions.
Cream cheese I follow a low carb diet so I use full-fat cream cheese, but I think low-fat or even fat-free cream cheese would work in this recipe.
Milk Since I like to limit the amount of dairy in my recipes, I chose to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. But other plant-based milks and cows milk will work.
Sour cream You could leave it out, but sour cream helps give cheesecake its tangy flavor. I wanted a classic cheesecake flavor, so I added it to the recipe.
Sweetener I only use low carb sweeteners, but you could use organic cane sugar or another sweetener in this recipe.
Vanilla extract Vanilla powder or vanilla bean paste could be substituted for the extract.
Fresh strawberries Fresh, ripe berries are the best in this recipe. You could use frozen, but you need to thaw them first to blend into the base before freezing.
Low carb cookies Hu Kitchen brand are my favorite low carb cookies, hands down. I used the snickerdoodle flavor in this recipe. But I think a shortbread cookie would be better. Here’s a low carb variety I think would taste great.
How to Make Ninja CREAMi Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Toss and smash the strawberries with the sweetener in the mixing bowl before adding the other ingredients. The sweetener will start to draw out the juices in the strawberries which will intensify the berry flavor in the ice cream base.
Step 1 Add the cream cheese, milk, sour cream, and vanilla to the strawberries and sweetener. With a stick blender, combine the ingredients until it’s smooth, without any cream cheese lumps.
Step 2 Pour the mixture into a clean Ninja CREAMi pint container. Put the lid on and freeze for 24 hours.
Step 3 Let the pint thaw for about 15 minutes on the counter. For the settings, select FULL and LITE ICE CREAM. When it’s done processing, dig a hole in the middle and add the cookies and fresh strawberries.
Step 4 Blend once more on the MIXIN setting. Serve immediately.
Recipe Card for Ninja CREAMi Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sweetener
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low carb snickerdoodle or shortbread cookies, crumbled
- Fresh strawberries
1. To prepare the ice cream base, place all the ingredients except the cookies and extra strawberries in a mixing bowl and blend with a stick blender or mixer until the sweetener is dissolved and there are no cream cheese lumps.
2. Pour the mixture into the CREAMi pint, making sure it doesn't go over the MAX FILL line, then put the lid on it. Place the pint in the freezer, making sure it's level. Freeze for 24 hours.
3. Take the pint from the freezer and let rest on the counter for up to 30 minutes. Remove the lid, and place it in the outer bowl of the machine. Install the paddle in the lid and attach lid to the outer bowl.
4. Plug in the Ninja CREAMi unit and install the bowl on the base. Press the power button, select FULL, and then LITE ICE CREAM setting. Press the button to begin blending.
5. When the unit shuts off, remove the bowl from the base and remove the lid. Dig a hole in the middle of the ice cream all the way through to the bottom of the container. Fill the hole with the crumbled snickerdoodle cookies and more fresh strawberries, if they fit.
6. Replace the lid and reinstall the bowl on the machine. Select MIX-IN.
7. Once the ice cream is done blending, serve it immediately with your toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Information for Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Here is the nutrition information for strawberry cheesecake ice cream made in the Ninja CREAMi. The net carbs for this recipe is just over 9 grams, so it’s perfect for a keto or low carb dessert.
More Cheesecake Ice Cream Flavors!
Save this to your favorite board!