Indulge in a delicious and healthy dessert with this Ninja CREAMi pumpkin cheesecake ice cream recipe! Made with real ingredients and no added sugar, it’s the perfect guilt-free treat for autumn or any time of year. Plus, it’s easy to make in your Ninja CREAMi ice cream maker with just a few ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
Kitchen Gear Needed to Make Ninja CREAMi Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream
Let the cream cheese rest on the counter overnight to soften. It will blend much smoother at room temperature. But if you’re in a hurry or forgot to leave it out, you can microwave the unwrapped cream cheese brick for 5-15 seconds to soften it.
Ingredients & Substitutions to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream in the Ninja CREAMi
Cream Cheese I use full-fat cream cheese because I like the consistency and texture it creates in the recipe. Reduced fat or even fat-free should work fine, though, but the consistency may change.
Almond milk I try to limit the amount of dairy I use in my recipes. Since the recipe calls for a fairly large amount of cream cheese, I’ve chosen to use a plant-based milk in this recipe. But cow-milk or another plant-based milk would also work.
Sour cream This is a classic cheesecake ingredient, which gives it that slight tangy flavor. I’ve chosen to include it in this recipe for that reason, but you could leave it out if you like.
Sweetener I usually use a low carb sweetener, like this one. But you could use regular can sugar or even a plant-based sweetener like honey or dates. You may need to adjust the amount to your desired sweetness.
Pumpkin puree I used canned pumpkin in my recipe because I don’t want to hassle with cooking a pumpkin. But feel free to use fresh pumpkin in the recipe if you like.
Flavorings Since I wanted this recipe to be more cheesecake-y than pumpkin pie flavored, I used a small amount of cinnamon and vanilla extract. Feel free to add more or use pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon.
Snickerdoodle cookies I, of course, use low carb cookies in the recipe. (These are delicious in this recipe.) But feel free to use regular cookies or graham crackers.
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream in the Ninja CREAMi
Step 1 Blend all the ingredients, except the cookies, with a stick blender, until there are no lumps of cream cheese and the sweetener is completely dissolved.
Step 2 Pour into a Ninja CREAMi Deluxe container. Put the lid on it and freeze for at least 24 hours.
Step 3 Let the container rest on the counter for about 15 minutes. Then process on LITE ICE CREAM.
Step 4 Dig a hole in the middle of the ice cream and fill with the snickerdoodle cookies. Process on MIX-IN.
Step 5 Serve immediately with your preferred toppings.
FAQs about Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream in the Ninja CREAMi
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sweetener
- 1/4 pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup low carb snickerdoodle or shortbread cookies, crumbled
1. To prepare the ice cream base, place all the ingredients except the cookies in a mixing bowl and blend with a stick blender or mixer until the sweetener is dissolved and there are no cream cheese lumps.
2. Pour the mixture into the CREAMi pint, making sure it doesn't go over the MAX FILL line, then put the lid on it. Place the pint in the freezer, making sure it's level. Freeze for 24 hours.
3. Take the pint from the freezer and let rest on the counter for up to 30 minutes. Remove the lid, and place it in the outer bowl of the machine. Install the paddle in the lid and attach lid to the outer bowl.
4. Plug in the Ninja CREAMi unit and install the bowl on the base. Press the power button, select FULL, and then LITE ICE CREAM setting. Press the button to begin blending.
5. When the unit shuts off, remove the bowl from the base and remove the lid. Dig a hole in the middle of the ice cream all the way through to the bottom of the container. Fill the hole with the crumbled snickerdoodle cookies.
6. Replace the lid and reinstall the bowl on the machine. Select MIX-IN.
7. Once the ice cream is done blending, serve it immediately with your toppings of your choice.