Looking for a low carb Ninja CREAMi blueberry cheesecake ice cream recipe? Classic cheesecake ingredients like cream cheese and sour cream combine with fresh blueberries and low carb shortbread cookies to create this homemade blueberry cheesecake ice cream that’s a perfect summer dessert.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
What You Need to Make Ninja CREAMi Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
If you don’t have a stick blender, you can microwave the cream cheese in the mixing bowl for 5-10 seconds to soften it before adding to the other ingredients.
Ingredients & Substitutions for Ninja CREAMi Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Fresh blueberries My first choice is always fresh blueberries, but frozen blueberries will work, too. Just be sure to thaw them first before mixing into the ice cream base.
Cream cheese & sour cream I like to cut down on how much dairy I use in recipes, but I don’t like non-dairy cream cheese and sour cream, so I used the dairy versions here. Feel free to use substitutes if you like them, but the consistency of the ice cream may change.
Milk Here is where I cut out a little dairy in the recipe. I really like unsweetened plain or vanilla almond milk, but cow, soy, oat, or another plant-based milk would work, too. Again, the consistency will probably be a little different.
Sweetener I prefer low carb sweeteners, but regular cane sugar can be substituted one-for-one in this recipe.
Vanilla Vanilla extract or powder work great in this recipe.
Low carb cookies These are my go-to low carb cookies. They are delicious and come in four flavors. But if you aren’t limiting your carbs, feel free to use any shortbread cookie in this recipe.
How to Make Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream in the Ninja CREAMi
Step 1 Place the base ingredients in the mixing bowl and blend with a stick blender. Freeze the base for 24 hours, then process on the LITE ICE CREAM setting.
Step 2 After blending, dig a hole into the ice cream and add the crumbled cookies and extra blueberries. Blend again on the MIX-IN setting.
Step 3 Serve immediately with more fresh blueberries and crumbled cookies, along with other favorite toppings.
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sweetener
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low carb snickerdoodle or shortbread cookies, crumbled
Blueberry Syrup (Optional)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sweetener
1. To prepare the ice cream base, place the first six ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend with a stick blender or mixer until the sweetener is dissolved and there are no cream cheese lumps.
2. Pour the mixture into the CREAMi pint, making sure it doesn't go over the MAX FILL line, then put the lid on it. Place the pint in the freezer, making sure it's level. Freeze for 24 hours.
3. Take the pint from the freezer and let rest on the counter for up to 30 minutes. Remove the lid, and place it in the outer bowl of the machine. Install the paddle in the lid and attach lid to the outer bowl.
4. Plug in the Ninja CREAMi unit and install the bowl on the base. Press the power button, select FULL, and then LITE ICE CREAM setting. Press the button to begin blending.
5. When the unit shuts off, remove the bowl from the base and remove the lid. Dig a hole in the middle of the ice cream all the way through to the bottom of the container. Fill the hole with the crumbled snickerdoodle cookies and more fresh blueberries if they fit.
6. Replace the lid and reinstall the bowl on the machine. Select MIX-IN.
7. Once the ice cream is done blending, serve it immediately with your toppings of your choice.
Optional Blueberry Syrup: To make the blueberry syrup, place the cup of blueberries and 1/3 cup sweetener in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the sweetener is dissolved and mixture has reduced to a syrup-like consistency. Place in a small container in the refrigerator to cool before serving over the ice cream.
Nutrition Information for Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
This recipe an be a great addition to your list of low carb or keto Ninja CREAMi recipes. At just 12.5 grams of carbohydrate per serving, it’s delicious, decadent, and healthy.
More Ninja CREAMi Cheesecake Ice Cream Flavors
Pin this to your favorite board for later!