Classic comfort food, this Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie is done in about 30 minutes. Peas, carrots, potatoes, and chicken mixed in a creamy broth and topped with canned biscuits will become a weeknight dinner favorite.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
Kitchen Tools Needed to Make Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Ingredients for Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
Tools you’ll need
Chicken The recipe calls for chicken breast tenders, because they cook up fast and are lean cuts of meat. But you could use any part of the chicken you prefer.
Vegetables I used the traditional veggie combo of corn, peas, carrots, and potatoes, but you could use just about any vegetable you like. I’ve made this recipe with broccoli, sweet potatoes, parsnips, rutabagas and a few others I forget.
This is a great recipe to use up whatever you have leftover in the refrigerator or pantry. Fresh or frozen work, but the cooking time may need to be adjusted.
Arrowroot flour This is used to thicken the broth and is my preferred thickener. Other options include cornstarch, wheat flour, and agar agar.
Canned biscuits I used canned biscuits for convenience, but you could whip up a batch of homemade biscuit dough, too. Other options are crescent rolls, pizza dough, and pie crust.
Time Saving Tip!
You can have this Ninja chicken pot pie recipe on the dinner table in about 20 minutes by simply substituting leftover, canned, or even rotisserie chicken.
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie in Ninja Foodi
Here’s a quick overview of the recipe for this chicken pot pie (Ninja Foodi directions), but see the recipe card below for proper settings and full instructions.
Step 1 Melt the butter in the cooking pot, then sauté the chicken until done. Remove the chicken to a plate or cutting board.
Step 2 Add the vegetables to the cooking pot and saute for a few minutes. While the veggies are warming, shred or chop the chicken into 1/2″ pieces.
Step 3 Add the chicken back to the pot, along with the broth, milk and seasonings. Add the arrowroot flour to the cold water and whisk until the flour is incorporated. Pour into the chicken mixture and stir until it starts to thicken.
Step 4 Place the biscuits on top of the chicken pot pie base. Close the lid and bake for about 10 minutes.
Step 4 To serve, scoop the chicken pot pie and biscuits into individual bowls using a silicone spatula.
FAQs About this Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Recipe Card for Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie
The following recipe is for cooking chicken pot pie in the Ninja Foodi, but the directions should apply to most other air fryers and multi cookers.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 2 cups peas & carrots mixed vegetables, frozen
- 1.5 cups white potato, peeled and diced
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot flour
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 canned biscuits
- Select the SEAR/SAUTE function on the Ninja Foodi and set the temperature to 3. Melt the butter in the cooking pot, then add the chicken breast tenders. Cook for 8-9 minutes, flipping halway through.
- Place the cooked chicken on a plate. Add the peas & carrots and potatoes to the cooking pot. Saute for a few minutes while you shred or chop the cooked chicken.
- Add the chicken back into the cooking pot. Also add the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper, chicken broth and milk.
- Whisk the arrowroot flour into the cold water until there are no lumps. Pour into the chicken mixture and cook for a few minutes to thicken the broth.
- Place the biscuits on top of the chicken mixture and close the lid. Select the BAKE/ROAST function and set the temperature to 300° and the time to 10 minutes.
- When the unit shuts off, carefully scoop out the chicken pot pie with a silicone coated spoon into bowls to serve.
If using canned or deli rotisserie chicken, follow these steps:
- Add the chicken and vegetables to the cooking pot. Select the SEAR/SAUTE function and temperature setting 3. Saute for a few minutes until the vegetables are heated through.
- Add the seasonings, chicken broth and milk. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the mixture comes to a boil.
Continue from step 4 above.
Nutrition Information for this Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
The following nutrition information is an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe as written. If you make substitutions, the values may change.