This Ninja CREAMi pumpkin ice cream recipe let’s you enjoy one of autumn’s favorite flavors all year ’round! Real ingredients, like canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spices, milk, and cream come together in a creamy, delicious dessert.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
What you’ll need
Handy tip: Make extra!
If you can’t get enough pumpkin spice, make an extra pint. This ice cream is delicious in a milkshake, frappe, and creamiccino. (Recipes coming soon!)
Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe Ingredients & Swaps
Here’s what you need to make Ninja CREAMi pumpkin ice cream, along with some suggestions for substitutions. Don’t forget to see the “Customize” section below the recipe card for tips on making a dairy-free, vegan, or protein-packed version.
Pumpkin I used organic, canned pumpkin for this recipe, which is what I recommend. There are many different brands, so there is some variation in the flavor. Use your favorite. And yes, fresh pumpkin could be used once it’s cooked, but that adds a couple hours cooking and cooling time.
Heavy Cream Heavy cream really gives the recipe body and creaminess, and is my preferred thickener. Coconut milk or coconut cream could be substituted for it, though. You could also use your favorite creamer, but the ice cream may come out a bit softer, depending on the creamer ingredients.
Milk There are all kinds of “milks” out there, so use your favorite. I have made this recipe with half-n-half, almond milk, and a plant-based milk, and it’s come out delicious every time. The consistency will vary depending on the milk you use.
Sweetener I only use low carb, sugar-free sweeteners, but you could use regular cane sugar in this recipe. Use your favorite, but you may need to adjust the amount, since all sweeteners have varying sweetness levels. You shouldn’t need to adjust more than a tablespoon.
Maple extract I love maple extract for the warm, sweet flavor it adds to recipes, but it can be hard to find. Feel free to use vanilla extract in its place or leave it out altogether.
Maple syrup doesn’t work very well as a substitute. The flavor isn’t as intense, so you would need much more in the recipe which significantly changes the consistency of the ice cream. You could use it as a topping, however, when you serve it.
Spices I use a pumpkin pie spice blend for convenience, but you could make your own blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and cardamom.
How to Make Ninja CREAMi Pumpkin Ice Cream
Whisk all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Pour the pumpkin pie ice cream mix into a Ninja CREAMi Deluxe pint container. Don’t go above the SCOOPABLE MAX FILL line on the side of the container.
Put the container in the freezer for 24 hours. Once frozen, let the container sit on the counter for 15-30 minutes before blending.
Install the bowl on the machine. Select FULL and LITE Ice Cream and blend. Scoop and enjoy!
Ninja CREAMi Deluxe
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 TBSP sweetener
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1.5 tsp maple extract (optional)
Ninja CREAMi Classic Machine
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk or creamer
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1.5 TBSP sweetener
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp maple extract (optional)
1. To prepare the ice cream base, place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until the sweetener is dissolved and the spices are evenly mixed in.
2. Pour the mixture into the CREAMi pint, making sure it doesn't go over the MAX FILL line, then put the lid on it. Place the pint in the freezer, making sure it's level. Freeze for 24 hours.
3. Take the pint from the freezer, remove the lid, and place it in the outer bowl. Install the paddle in the lid and attach lid to the outer bowl.
4. Plug in the Ninja CREAMi unit and install the bowl on the base. Press the power button, select FULL, and then LITE ICE CREAM setting. Press the button to begin blending.
5. When the unit shuts off, remove the bowl from the base and remove the lid. If the ice cream is crumbly, you can add a TBSP of milk, then reattach the lid and install the bowl on the base again. Select RE-SPIN.
6. Once the ice cream is at the right consistency, you can serve immediately or add mix-ins or toppings of your choice.