A simple, yet decadent dessert, this Ninja CREAMi coconut ice cream is made with just four ingredients and blends up in minutes. It’s delicious on its own, or makes the perfect base for your favorite toppings or mix-ins.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and buy, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my full policy for details.
What you need to make coconut ice cream in the Ninja CREAMi
Handy tip: Make Extra!
I know I’ve already said it twice, but this REALLY does make a great base ice cream. I recommend making a couple pints at a time so you can customize with different toppings and mix-ins. Same recipe, so many different flavors!
Ingredients & Substitutions for Ninja CREAMi Coconut Ice Cream
Coconut Milk Use full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk. I’ve also used coconut cream in the recipe with nearly the same result. It was just a bit thicker than usual.
Almond Milk I use unsweetened vanilla-flavored almond milk for a little extra vanilla flavor. But you could use any milk, plant-based or otherwise, flavored or not.
Here’s where you can begin changing the flavor of the base. Try using a chocolate flavored milk, or add a flavored creamer instead.
Sweetener I use only low carb sweeteners (here are some suggestions), but use your favorite sweetener. You may need to adjust the amount by a tablespoon or two depending on which one you use.
Extract I use vanilla extract along with vanilla-flavored milk because I want a sweet, creamy base. But this is another ingredient that you could go rogue with and create another flavor. There are all kinds of extracts that you could experiment with–orange, lemon, pineapple, maple, even mint.
Again, you may need to adjust the amount based on how strong the extract flavor is. I would start with 1/2 teaspoon first and adjust from there.
How to Make Coconut Ice Cream in the Ninja CREAMi
Ninja CREAMi Deluxe Measurements
- 2 1/3 cups full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk
- 1/3 cup low carb sweetener
- 1 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
Ninja CREAMi Classic Measurements
- 1 can (14 ounces) full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk
- 1/4 cup low carb sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To prepare the ice cream, place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the CREAMi pint, making sure it doesn't go over the MAX FILL line, then put the lid on it.
- Place the pint in the freezer, making sure it's level. Freeze for 24 hours.
Take the pint from the freezer, remove the lid, and place it in the outer bowl. Install the paddle in the lid and attach lid to the outer bowl.
- Plug in the Ninja CREAMi unit and install the bowl on the base. Press the power button, select FULL and the LITE ICE CREAM setting. Push the button to start.
- When the unit shuts off, remove the bowl from the base and remove the lid. If the ice cream is crumbly, you can add a TBSP of vanilla almond milk, then reattach the lid and install the bowl on the base again. Select RE-SPIN.
- Once the ice cream is at the right consistency, you can serve immediately or add mix-ins or toppings of your choice.
Below is the nutrition information for this easy keto coconut ice cream recipe made in the Ninja CREAMi ice cream maker. I like a generous serving of ice cream (who doesn’t!), so I’ve split the recipe into only two servings.
But you can split it into how many servings you want. Eat the whole pint at once, or if you feel like sharing, divide it into smaller servings.
Want to make more ice cream? Try these other healthy Ninja CREAMi ice cream recipes!
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite board!